Tuesday, February 15, 2005

REMEMBER THE SABBATH: Ozzy and the boys' 1971 self-titled debut Black Sabbath has topped a list of the 100 greatest British rock albums conducted by Kerrang! magazine, which I had no idea still existed. (My friends Greg and Clark, who tried to talk me into going to see Judas Priest my freshman year, used to read it before first period honors Earth Science. The three of us did end up seeing Asia at Poplar Creek the next fall, and cheered madly when they changed the lyric of "Heat of the Moment" to reflect the calendar year ["And now you find yourself in 83/The disco hotspots hold no charm for me]. but I digress.) Ozzy, in fact, with Sabbath and without shows up six times on the list, which defines rock to include Queen, the Clash, Led Zep, and the Sex Pistols, but not the Beatles, Kinks, Who, or Stones, judging by the top 25 published at the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment