Thursday, September 7, 2006

YOU WOULD THINK THAT I WOULD DESERVE A FAIR PROMOTION: If it's the week after Labor Day, it's time again to reveal the new list of Kennedy Center Honorees . Being recognized for their lifetime of contributions to the arts and American culture are Andrew Lloyd Webber, Zubin Mehta, Dolly Parton, Smokey Robinson and Steven Spielberg. Said Robinson:
This is something I have always wanted to get. I am not an award person and whenever I got awards, it has always seemed so ironic to be honored for something that I love doing. ... This one is one that I have secretly wanted without telling anyone because it is so prestigious. It is so great to be honored at the White House.

You can review the list of past honorees here, which leads to my standard question -- who's out there who deserves it most?

No comments:

Post a Comment