Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I HAD TO PROVE THAT I COULD MAKE IT ALONE: You would think today's NFL player would be listening to the new releases by Jay-Z, Akon, or The Game on their iPods, but who knew some many of today's players had downloaded the recent rerelease of the Beach Boys' timeless opus Pet Sounds? How else can you explain the recent spate of NFL players quoting Brian Wilson? To wit:
  • Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick apologizing for flipping off Falcons' fans last Sunday: "I don't know where it came from, but the people who know me know that's not me and that's not my character."
  • Cleveland wide receiver Braylon Edwards apologizing for having a hissy fit on the sidelines during last Sunday's Browns' game: "I embarrassed myself to some extent. That's not my character. That's not me. Nobody knows me as that type of guy."
  • New York Jets running back Leon Washington apologizing for giving the double bird on his rookie football card: "That's not me. That's not my character. ... The people that have dealt with me before and the people that know me, know that I don't want to create that type of image."
  • Jacksonville Jaguars tackle Khalif Barnes apologizing after a recent drunk driving arrest: People that really know me know that that's not me."

No comments:

Post a Comment