Thursday, November 30, 2006

A PROUD CITIZEN OF STARBUCKS NATION: So, after years of my wondering why they hadn't yet gone down this road, we finally have hot breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks. This isn't exactly new news, to be sure -- they've been in New York for a few months and other places far longer -- but I wanted to wait to post about it until I'd had a bit of opportunity to sample the wares. Two breakfasts in, I am happy to add Starbucks as a full-service breakfast provider option. (The turkey bacon on the low(er)-fat sandwich is a little overly peppery for my taste, but it's probably a better daily choice than the ham, egg, and fontina cheese on a bagel.) This doesn't bode well for my foodie credentials, but I don't need a whole lot of gourmet in an egg sandwich -- so long as I don't feel like I'm drinking a bucket of oil with my breakfast.

We haven't had a Starbucks discussion in a while, so this seems as good a time as any to open the floor for a little Friday chat. Two topics:
  1. What do you think of Starbucks' entry into the hot breakfast sandwiches realm? And what of the sandwiches themselves?
  2. We've discussed at some length which beverages draw the ALOTT5MA crowd to Starbucks in the summertime, but are you as frequent a customer come the cooler weather? Are you a maple latte person or a peppermint mocha person? (Me, I'm still ordering my customary grande iced decaf in a venti cup much of the time, due both to the unseasonably warm weather on the East Coast and the tendency toward perpetual warmth in my office. But as winter beckons, it's time for the venti decaf skim misto to make more frequent appearances.)

No comments:

Post a Comment