Wednesday, January 10, 2007

AND I AM TELLING YOU THAT I'M NOT SINGING: It's now been widely reported that Jennifer Hudson is under contractual obligation to the folks at Dreamworks/Paramount to not sing "I Am Telling You That I'm Not Going" live in any setting prior to the Oscars. Is this a good move in that it prevents folks from thinking "Why buy the cow and see the movie when I can get the milk (her performance of the song) for free on YouTube?" or from realizing that "Listen" and Beyonce's performance of it ain't all that? Or is it a bad move in that it raises questions about just how much of the performance of the song is the product of studio wizardry and editing vs. Hudson's own vocal abilities, particularly since unless the Academy departs from precedent, "I Am Telling You" will not be sung on the show? Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment