Wednesday, January 10, 2007

LET'S ROB MICK JAGGER! In a year where the best new sitcom of the fall was The Class, with its wildly scattershot characters and material, we fortunately have a good one, even if I missed a bit of it due to "political programming"--The Knights Of Prosperity. I'm not sure if it hooked me during Mick Jagger's speech about his temperature-controlled "hat room," or during Donal Logue's speech about having been born "with a plastic spork in my ass, not a silver spoon in my mouth," or if it took until the "we can't change the name, I already bought the t-shirts!" bit, but this week's episode, featuring "I'm With Meshuggah" and "Kiss Me, I'm A Mensch" t-shirts (the gang's hideout is in a Jewish religious supplies store) and the debut of the funky, 70s inspired theme song, solidified my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment