Tuesday, May 29, 2007

WHAT'S IN YOUR NETFLIX QUEUE? In a world where TV shows come out on DVD as a matter of course mere months after airing and where self-referential bloggers (ahem) dissect every nuance of every show, it's getting harder to find the Sports Nights of the world -- the brilliant hidden diamonds that we somehow missed when they first aired. The DVDs of such shows are of course ideal summertime fare, and I, for one, rely on the ThingThrowers to point me in the right direction.

My stack so far includes Season 1 of Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica, and Veronica Mars, but I'm not 100% sure that any of these (other than BSG) are going to take. I'm considering adding Season 1 of Weeds and Entourage to the mix, just to have some more fluff with my darkness, but am open to other suggestions.

I'm sure that others are in the same boat as I, so let's have at it.

Related side note: I spent an hour last night flipping through the channel guide trying to find something interesting to seasonpass this summer other than SYTYCD, but I found the whole process less than helpful except as a means of proving that the only good movies that air on cable anymore are all on pay-per-view. Is NBC doing the smart thing and rerunning FNL from the beginning over the summer so that people like me can finally get into it?

No comments:

Post a Comment