Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I BLAME SOCIETY: I think we've had a "what's missing from iTunes" thread before, but I have to raise this again. I understand why the Beatles have taken the stand they've taken, and while I'm confused by the weird Led Zeppelin gaps (no "Travelin' Riverside Blues"? Travesty!), I am infuriated by the omission of the Repo Man soundtrack. Sure, some of the important pieces (Suicidal Tendencies' "Institutionalized"; Circle Jerks' "When the Shit Hits the Fan") are available elsewhere, but to my knowledge, this is the only place to get the Burning Sensations' cover of the Modern Lovers' "Pablo Picasso" ("girls would turn the color of an avocado/when he cruised down the street in his El Dorado"), which marries the spoken lyric to the muscular groove better than Jonathan Richman's lyric ever did. To quote Otto, "that's bullshit."

No comments:

Post a Comment