Friday, May 30, 2008

ROUND SIX: It took me twenty minutes to drive from home to work. And in that time, we lost Matthew Koh?!!! 24 spellers. Will they have enough spellers left to make primetime worth it?

1:09 pm: I dig the way Austin Pineda twirls his hair around his finger as he considers how to spell his word. He's got glasses and a mustache and long, long 70s-boy hair that he twirls and twirls. His mother is so stressed out that she cries waiting for him to spell. I'd hate that about her, that kind of pressure she puts on her kid, except she lets her kid have long long 70s-boy hair which is AWESOME and not at all uptight.

Can I pause for one second to wonder aloud whether or not Kaitlyn Johnston would be a good match for Octagon Global Recruiting as her next venture? She went out on "soutache".

1:29 pm: Rose Sloan continues to spell with bouncing joy. Miliary! Yay! I gotta love her. She's having more fun at the Bee than anyone I've ever seen. She's a bubble of happy.

1:34 pm: Sade Dunbar is still in it with "galbulus" -- a word I have never heard before and despite its definition, sounds like some sort of mucus so it's a word I never wanna hear again.

1:41 pm: "Suggillation" is a bruise, especially one that develops post-mortem. Try finding a casual way to use that in a sentence this week.

"Ophthalmoplegia" -- a paralysis of the eye. We're into the medical words. Sidharth Chand has a deep dark mustache that makes him look closer to 40 years old than 12. Poor thing. He spells and spells to make his little lambs stop screaming-

MATTHEW EVANS IS DOWN!!!!!! He's DOWN! It's over for him. The ballroom gives him a standing ovation, Tia Thomas covers her face in either glee or misery and Matthew just stands there. His dream dead. So much spelling behind him.

1:54 pm: I have a new love. Scott Remer. He's from Ohio. And while I still turn my nose up at the Behind the Speller segments, I did enjoy his. I also like he danced all over the word "pyelonephritis."

More medical words. "Phrenicectomy" is a surgical procedure by which we remove super cute spelling hottie Keiko Bridwell. She have Cover Girl written all over her.

And round 6 ends with "floraison" (spelled by new spelling hottie the Southern-twanged, whipsmart Cherry Mathis) and they have 16 spellers coming back right now for Round 7...

No comments:

Post a Comment