Wednesday, October 8, 2008

COMFORT FOOD! IT'S COMFORTING! As I sit here doing my customary annual grumbling about the fact that our fabulous local bagel place is making me pick up my Yom Kippur break fast order by noon today, thereby ensuring that my sunflower bagels will be stale by 7:05 pm on Thursday (earlier if it's overcast), I would like to take a moment to posit that none among us is busier preparing for the impending holiday than ThingThrower Marsha.

To me, breaking the fast involves the aforementioned sunflower bagels, some lox, and maybe a cottage cheese noodle kugel, but after reading about the baked ziti that 150 hungry Chicagoans will apparently be devouring, I'm thinking that maybe the ThingThrowers have some long-time specialties for the newly repented that we should be aware of. (And hey, Marsha has a whole seven hours in which she can add additional dishes to the menu. I, however, have 45 minutes until the Chief Bagel Officer cuts me off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment