Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CROSS AWAY, FOR I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS, AS YOU ARE MY GIRLFRIEND AND SHE IS MY SISTER: At Alan Sepinwall's suggestion (as an aside, do we pimp anybody harder than Alan, except maybe Neil Patrick Harris?), I was just reading this review of the fabulous new Sports Night DVD set and decided that what we need around here today is a good old-fashioned Question of the Day. And so I inquire:

What's your favorite bit of dialogue ever delivered on Sports Night? Explain your work.

My guess is that if you were to poll 100 fans of the show, you'd find a plurality who would nominate either "You're wearing my shirt, Gordon" or "I told many, many people" as their favorite line. My own vote, on a single-line-plus-perfect-delivery basis, goes to the latter. But if you factor in emotional resonance, perhaps it should be "Sometimes you just stand there, hip-deep in pie." And for lines that always make me giggle, it's gotta be "plenty of sunshine, plenty of hay" (which, incidentally, is the only set of lyrics Cosmo Girl knows for that song), and -- well, that's three from me, so I'll just stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment