Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NO, YOU CAN'T HURRY, LOVE. YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT: Ladies and gentlemen, Adam Lambert is Link Larkin, in a performance of "Tracks of My Tears" that stripped things down, made the lyrics meaningful and far outclassed a meh field tonight. Not "top 10 performances ever on the show," but a damn good one. Beyond that:

Did Their Thing: Allison (wh-hoo!), Anoop (soporific but lovely), Danny Hokey (who's starting to coast), Lil.

Unmemorable but Amiable: Matt Giraud (really? Didn't convince me he wanted to get it on with anyone -- too happy), Kris Allen (what's the point of a guitar one can't hear?)

In Trouble: Megan Joy (played to the camera rather than sold the song), Blind Guy (made me miss the Phil Collins version, but at least -- as Dan notes -- he didn't do Stevie, yo. But Stevie's hard.)

I Fast-Forwarded, Because I Just Presume He Sucked: Michael Sarver.

No comments:

Post a Comment