Witness, then, these highlights of the mindset of this year's entering Class of 2014, the majority of whom were born in 1992:
1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail.
8.. With increasing numbers of ramps, Braille signs, and handicapped parking spaces, the world has always been trying harder to accommodate people with disabilities.
12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
18. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
19. They never twisted the coiled handset wire aimlessly around their wrists while chatting on the phone.
21. Woody Allen, whose heart has wanted what it wanted, has always been with Soon-Yi Previn.
26. Unless they found one in their grandparents’ closet, they have never seen a carousel of Kodachrome slides.
50. Toothpaste tubes have always stood up on their caps.
71. The nation has never approved of the job Congress is doing.