Friday, August 6, 2010

I KNOW NOMI MALONE. YOU'RE NO NOMI MALONE: This September will mark 15 years since the release of Showgirls, and for those looking for its heir, seems we have it in Burlesque, which seems like Showgirls minus nudity plus Cher, with Christina Aguilera as the plucky small town girl, a brunette Kristen Bell as the designated bitch, and a script (according to Wiki) that's been touched up by, among others, Diablo Cody. I'm not sure if this is going to be awful or so completely awful that it's amazing, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of those two.

6 comments:

  1. I want it to be Showgirls without the gratuitous rape scene, but I don't know how one can consciously write something on that tightrope between camp and knowing satire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isaac_spaceman5:48 PM

    "Showgirls minus nudity" is like "language minus meaning." 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the edited-for-VH1 version with the digital bras?  It works on its own level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather K6:52 PM

    I adore the VH1 version, the digital bras somehow make it better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genevieve6:01 PM

    Hm, I thought I would go see anything with Kristen Bell, but I guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer1:30 AM

    Once again, the question of "Seriously, there are no better roles offered to Kristen Bell but this?" comes up. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete