Thursday, December 30, 2010

SAID RED MOLLY TO JAMES, "THAT'S A FINE MOTORBIKE":  Among those given New Years Honours by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as new Officers of the Order of the British Empire, are Annie Lennox and Richard Thompson. Said Lennox, "As somewhat of a renegade, it either means I've done something terribly right - or they've done something terribly wrong. In any case, whatever powers-that-be have deemed me worthy of such a recognition, I'm getting my fake leopard pillbox hat dusted and ready."  Below the fold, a favorite performance from each:





5 comments:

  1. isaac_spaceman11:41 PM

    I have a Vincent t-shirt.  It is depressing when people ask me what it's for.  I get occasional compliments on my Norton t-shirt, but never a one for the Vincent. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan Suitor11:42 PM

    <span>Best thing Annie Lennox ever gave us? The music video for "Walking On Broken Glass", featuring Hugh Laurie and John Malkovich.  
     
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25stK5ymlA</span>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia8:39 AM

    Love "1952 Vincent Black Lightning."  Some of my favorite Annie Lennox performances are actually the ones she's done on Idol Gives Back.  Very iPod worthy, especially "Many Rivers to Cross."

    ReplyDelete
  4. kevbo nobo8:56 AM

    Agree bout Annie on IGB.  Most performances on those shows are extreme cheese, but she really brings it; she must have tremendous focus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kevbo nobo8:57 AM

    <span>That song is full of great lines- :"red hair & black leather- my favorite colour scheme."  
     
    HST in one of his books liked to tell rubes he had a Vincent Black Shadow & let them think it was some type of gun.</span>

    ReplyDelete