Tuesday, May 3, 2011

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM, THEN YOU SHOULD GET THE HELL OUT OF THE STADIUM:  Set your DVRs** -- tomorrow night at 9pm EDT, Comedy Central will re-air the November 7, 2001 South Park episode "Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants," which I once described here as being second only to The Onion's post-9/11 issue as a cultural response to the Attacks. Among other things, its homage to the WW2-era Looney Tunes cartoons is just spot on.  (Also, Stevie Nicks.)

** Of course, that's the same time slot as the third half-hour of American Idol (five singers, twice each) and an all-new Modern Family, so even if you have a dual-tuner DVR you're [potentially] S.O.L. because this is the only airing.  Thankfully, the full episode is online at SouthParkStudios.com.

7 comments:

  1. ChinMusic9:02 PM

    I am confused by your post.  Is this something really worth watching or is it something that should be afforded lower priority that the third half hour of a drawn out karaoke competition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. True; at this point of Idol I think you can safely pass on the show. I'll revise slightly.<span> </span>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph J. Finn10:00 PM

    As I still have my copy of that Onion, and remembering sitting in a bar and crying while reading "God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule", this comparison intrigues me and the DVR is set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:50 PM

    My DVR Guide isn't showing that that's the South Park episode they're showing here, but I'll record it just the same. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha10:51 PM

    That was me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew11:26 PM

    Compared with this season of Idol (especially now that we've lost the contestant who was eliminated last week), South Park is a far better use of your DVR tuner. It's a great episode of South Park vs a poor season of Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph J. Finn11:27 PM

    I checked my DirectTV guide, Marsha, and it confirms it for 8 PM CDT.

    ReplyDelete