Thursday, November 7, 2013

THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE LOBSTER PRESENT AT THE BIRTH OF JESUS?  In recognition of the film's tenth anniversary this week, The Hairpin is publishing daily fan-fic on what happened to each of Love Actually's pairings ten years later.

(We may have discussed this film in passing before. As I noted a few years ago, if you watch Love Actually backwards, it's the interwoven stories of a bunch of British men who gradually realize that they shouldn't be dating women who work for them.)

added: The cast reminisces.

4 comments:

  1. The Pathetic Earthling12:40 PM

    My movie going has been so limited these last few years -- I'm quite sure "The Last King of Scotland" is on my "ten most recently seen in the theater" list -- that these revisits to cultural items are becoming increasingly incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. Bowman6:27 PM

    My father may or may not have gone to see "The Iron Lady" while it was in theaters. If he did, it was the first since "Titanic."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pathetic Earthling6:39 PM

    I don't remember what broke the streak -- a Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing, perhaps -- but my Dad has seen exactly one movie in the theater since "All the President's Men"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie4:08 PM

    My dad is the same way - I'm aware of him seeing exactly 2 movies in the theatre during my 38 year old lifetime - "Tootsie" and "The Hunt for Red October."

    ReplyDelete