- Tommy Lee Jones in for leading actor, but for Valley of Elah rather than No Country.
- No love for The Simpsons Movie or Shrek The Third in animated feature--instead, we get Surf's Up and Persepolis. Ratatouille is the clear leader in the category, though--also nominated in screenplay, sound mixing, sound editing, and original score.
- Although Into The Wild won the Golden Globe for original song, it's not even nominated, but Enchanted racks up three nods there (and even if there's no WGA waiver, the performance of "Happy Working Song" should be a hoot).
- Best Picture? Atonement, Juno, Michael Clayton, There Will Be Blood, and No Country for Old Men.
- The mismatch between picture and director is not (as was expected) Jason Reitman being out, but Joe Wright being out and replaced by Julian Schanbel.
- A surprise non-nomination in live action short for Hotel Chevalier.
- Among your nominees--Norbit (best makeup), The Golden Compass (art direction, visual effects), and Transformers (sound editing, sound mixing, visual effects).
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
ATTACK OF THE LITTLE GOLD MEN: Oscar nominations are out. Some interesting surprises:
Posted by Matt at 9:53 AM