Monday, March 30, 2009

MADE A MEAL OUT OF ME AND CAME BACK FOR MORE: Today is the birthday of Angus Young, the talented guitarist of AC/DC.

Consider this an open comment opportunity on the band. Perhaps my favorite of their songs is this one.

The most perfect woman ever described in any form of art?
She wanted no applause,
Just another course
Made a meal out of me and came back for more
Had to cool me down
To take another round
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

As allmusic.com observes:
What made "You Shook Me" so significant and unforgettable was that it was equal parts naughty and proud, pop-tinged yet stomp-worthy -- which is exactly what AC/DC exemplified when at their best.

I learned in the same article that Veruca Salt titled its debut album "American Thighs" (from the song's lyric "And knocking me out with those American thighs").

No comments:

Post a Comment