Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OKAY, CAMPERS, RISE AND SHINE, AND DON'T FORGET YOUR BOOTIES, 'CAUSE ... NAH, FORGET IT, HERE'S THE DEAL -- ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE: While we're on the topic of events repeating themselves, it's no coincidence (it's never a coincidence, or at least it hasn't been since Season 2) that Lost is premiering on Groundhog Day. Since we're scant hours from the final act of that often thrilling, often confounding show, I wanted to bump up something I posted over a year ago, about how last season's finale essentially re-staged versions of scenes from the first four season finales.

As I said to Adam, I'm out of the Lost prediction business, which does nothing but distract me from giving in to the show. It's up to you to decide (or, more accurately, to speculate recklessly) whether the characters' unknowing repetition of prior events was a clue or just a stylistic parlor trick. As if that makes it any different from the numbers, the polar bears, the sickness, or anything else.

7 comments:

  1. Joseph J. Finn10:54 AM

    Just for amusement purposes, note that ABC-7 here in Chicago has to deal with both the premiere of Lost tonight...and it's primary day here in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  2. calliekl12:48 PM

    How great would it be if tonight's ep was the first season 1 ep all over again? Perfect for GH Day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew1:41 PM

    Will this all happen again?  Do they have a plan? Oh wait, that's that other show.

    (I did rewatch the pilot last week-- that was just a brilliant brilliant pilot.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha5:11 PM

    Finn, Mo Ryan tweeted that the head of ABC 7 has stated clearly that the primaries will NOT interrupt Lost tonight. "They won't miss a single frame of the premeire," I believe is the quote.

    I am completely out of the Lost prediction thing. I am just enjoying the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are up to 36 entrants in the pool.  On the dead pool question, Ben Linus is a very popular choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KCosmo8:47 PM

    Hi everyone.  New job has me totally MIA from all things ALOTT5MA lately, but I will be watching the Lost premiere live on a non-HD TV in my hotel room in Austin rather than going out and exploring the city.  That's dedication, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn.9:21 PM

    That is dedication, KCosmo.  I love Austin.

    ReplyDelete