- Chocolate bars (62%) easily the most popular candy, followed by "something else," candy corn, fruit-flavored snacks, and candy apples.
- Only 36% wish they could still go trick-or-treating.
- More Americans believe a black cat is good luck than bad.
- 37% believe in ghosts, but only 26% have seen one (including 49% of 18-29 year-olds surveyed).
- Zombies top vampires and werewolves (there wolves!) as the scariest monster, but if folks had their choice they'd prefer to be turned into a vampire or witch (including 9% of male respondents). Also, the older one is, the more likely one is to be afraid of vampires, and less likely to fear zombies.
- If zombies took over the world and human civilization collapsed, 32% believe they'd still survive for a year-plus; 27% assume they'd be goners within a week. Per the crosstabs, men are more optimistic.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
DOUBLE-TAP: Public Policy Polling surveyed 1200 registered voters on Halloween, and ...
Posted by Adam at 3:53 PM