- Tom Hanks--Honestly, I'll be kind of shocked if he doesn't host the Christmas episode to promo Saving Mr. Banks, or maybe the season premiere to promote Captain Phillips. (Though Will Ferrell may get Christmas to promo Anchorman 2.)
- Chris Hemsworth--He seems like he has the right kind of winking humor to pull it off, and with Rush and Thor 2, he has projects to promote.
- Chloe Grace Moretz--A younger host is always a risky move, but she could do it, I think.
- Elizabeth Banks--You have to assume they'll want Lawrence for Catching Fire/American Hustle, but Banks has a romcom out in the Spring, and she seems like she could be a lot of fun.
- Leonardo DiCaprio--Leo has never hosted SNL, which seems shocking to me. It may be that he thinks he's too much of a Serious Actor to do a silly sketch show, but given how folks like Affleck and Timberlake have used SNL as a jumping off point, maybe he can be persuaded to bite.
- Harrison Ford--Another one who's never done the show, and I can readily see it being a total trainwreck with him, but given that he's been very busy this year with movies, maybe they try and get him? At a bare minimum, a cameo in the inevitable Ferrell-hosted Anchorman 2 promo episode would seem logical, since he's in the movie.
- Bill Clinton--You have to assume the offer's been made and rejected numerous times, but man, that could be a spectacular get for Lorne, though I'm sure the script approval would be a nightmare.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
LIVE FROM NEW YORK: Vulture has a list of folks they'd like to see host SNL this season. I'll offer a few additions, and I'm betting you can as well.
Posted by Matt at 10:04 AM