Thursday, November 7, 2013

THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE LOBSTER PRESENT AT THE BIRTH OF JESUS?  In recognition of the film's tenth anniversary this week, The Hairpin is publishing daily fan-fic on what happened to each of Love Actually's pairings ten years later.

(We may have discussed this film in passing before. As I noted a few years ago, if you watch Love Actually backwards, it's the interwoven stories of a bunch of British men who gradually realize that they shouldn't be dating women who work for them.)

added: The cast reminisces.


  1. The Pathetic Earthling12:40 PM

    My movie going has been so limited these last few years -- I'm quite sure "The Last King of Scotland" is on my "ten most recently seen in the theater" list -- that these revisits to cultural items are becoming increasingly incomprehensible.

  2. J. Bowman6:27 PM

    My father may or may not have gone to see "The Iron Lady" while it was in theaters. If he did, it was the first since "Titanic."

  3. The Pathetic Earthling6:39 PM

    I don't remember what broke the streak -- a Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing, perhaps -- but my Dad has seen exactly one movie in the theater since "All the President's Men"

  4. Maggie4:08 PM

    My dad is the same way - I'm aware of him seeing exactly 2 movies in the theatre during my 38 year old lifetime - "Tootsie" and "The Hunt for Red October."