Wednesday, October 4, 2006

OF ASSASSINS WHO LOVE POST-OPERATIVE TRANSSEXUALS, LITTLE RED CORVETTES, AND FIVE MISSING WEEKS: Just some miscellany that's been on my mind:

1. I didn't realize the Friday Night Lights pilot was directed by Peter Berg, former indie it-boy actor and part-time Alias lover/assassin.

2. Of interest to people who were interested in Adam's Prince & the Muppets post a few days back, while watching Heroes on TiVo last night I caught that it's scored by Wendy Melvoin and Lisa Coleman, better known as Wendy and Lisa, and even better known as part of Prince's pre-Purple Rain Revolution (I think that's them spooning over the keyboard while singing backup in the video for 1999).

3 And speaking of Heroes, since we didn't have a separate thread, I just want to mention that I freaking loved the way that the Hiro storyline turned out to be a surprise framing device (giving us a few key clues for the season) and the way that it brought the stakes home in a way that Isaac's bad mushroom-cloud paintings couldn't even approach. Also, though I realize it's been done several times before (Threshold, Alias, Lost, etc.), I liked the repeating motif of the squiggly curve with the three lines, which showed up in Isaac's paintings, in Suresh Senior's computer code, and in both the pool and (I think) the placement of the mom's body at Officer Agent Weiss's crime scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment