Tuesday, November 13, 2007

APPROXIMATELY 3.14 WEEKS UNTIL THE INAUGURAL MEETING OF THE ALOTT5MA BOOK CLUB: In the thread on Adam's request for visiting-lecturer proposals, there was a mention (or mentions) of a book club-type thing. I've never been a member of a book club, but from what little I have heard I understand that the catalyst for a good book club is excellent snacks and libations. Undaunted, I'm going to propose that some time the first or second week of December (and most likely on December 4), we open up a thread to discuss Life of Pi, one of my favorite books of the last 10 years. The discussion definitely will include the unreliable-narrator theme and the stories Pi (and "Yann Martel") tells and withholds, but if you've read the book, please (without spoiling) suggest other themes to think about as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment