Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SWEATING TO THE OLDIES: Inspired by Amy's confession that "Mmmmbop" and "Wannabe" are on her workout playlist (nothing gets Amy's adrenaline up like colloquially-multipled consonants, I guess), I'll admit that my current iPod gym mix includes what for me is a very out-of-character Malcolm McLaren-related 80s-new-wave double shot: Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Want Candy" and Adam Ant's "Goody Two-Shoes." In my defense, "Goody Two-Shoes" is a nearly-perfect song for the stationary bike -- it's mixed a little louder than most iTunes songs (for that extra boost), it makes heavy use of the tom-toms, and it clocks about 95 beats per minute so you have to bust ass a bit to catch your pedaling up to the tempo. ("I Want Candy" is similar, but slightly slower and not as loud.) What's in your iPod workout mix/commuting playlist that you skip in real life?

No comments:

Post a Comment