Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE: I guess it shouldn't really surprise me that after watching five minutes of Legally Blonde: The Search for the Next Elle Woods, I had already set up my season pass for the rest of the summer. (To be precise, they had me from the moment that the fifty started doing their combination on stage together with Jerry Mitchell calling out numbers every so often to winnow down the Elles.)

Setting aside all the little confessionals in which the fifteen competitors declared their affection for pink and their cosmic bonds with Reese Witherspoon, the first day on set was a doozy and a half. No coddling here -- just a whole lot of singing and dancing and bending and snapping and holding really long notes. And, for a nice change of pace, America's got nothing to do with the outcome -- no tweenies will be getting index finger sprain from dialing for Max Crumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment