Friday, March 5, 2010

DON DRAPER HITS ON A COLLEAGUE'S WIFE:Because of getting home at midnight (isn't trial preparation fun?), I only got a chance to watch the first 15 minutes of The Office, but did manage to watch Community, which had so much awesome in it that it deserves its own post--Zevon! Zach Braff jokes! A Mad Men joke that's also meta-tastic! Abed's impressions of vampires and Jeff Winger! Britta's discussion of bag-els. "White Abed"/"Brown Joey"! Shirley's remark that "if it's a girl, we need to find her for Abed, and if it's a boy, we need to find him for Jesus!" And, yes, for the ladies, Joel McHale in leather pants and then network TV naked. (And Annie's priceless response thereto.) Seriously, this is a show firing on all cylinders that gets a little lost in the shuffle--it shouldn't.

ETA: And the show (along with The Office and 30 Rock) has officially been picked up for season dos.

8 comments:

  1. Community is awesome- they just hit all the points right.  I think they used Senor Chang just perfectly- he's like a spice, too much and you ruin the soup.

    And I have some major crushing on Joel McHale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. patricia11:40 AM

    The Bert and Ernie tag with Troy and Abed killed me.

    Also, Joel McHale is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that "Werewolves of London" was the song they used during the pool game showdown, referencing The Color of Money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The writing and directing of that show is so wonderful, I really wish I liked more than two of the performances/ers (Pudi and Glover).  Everyone else is flat or irritatingly mannered.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. ChipC2:00 PM

    Naked Joel McHale isn't just for the ladies. My word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer J.9:10 PM

    I have long had major crushing on the yummy Joel McHale. Last night was my *very special episode*. My poor husband. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greek Naked Pool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul Tabachneck11:25 AM

    Yay!  I was worried for that show, which I feel like I'm already watching season 2 of.  Annie's song.  Britta's a GDB.  The guy from Mr. Show that told everyone they have "the goods" -- with STAR-SHAPED SIDEBURNS.  Abed tapdancing to Kate Nash.  Chevy Chase hitting his stride.  "But you look like Elizabeth Shue!"  Debate make-out team.  Smack-talk-and-walk.  "They're just jealous."  For that matter, every second Troy and Abed are together.

    Magic.  Pure magic.

    ReplyDelete