Thursday, April 1, 2010

TWO SEPARATE, YET EQUALLY IMPORTANT ITEMS: I rather suspect our audience cares more that S. Epatha Merkerson will leave Law & Order after 16 years as Lt. Anita van Buren at the end of this season than about rumors that Charlie Sheen wants out of Two And A Half Men. Merkerson has been quietly excellent for years in a pretty thankless role, and while I don't normally like my L&O with a side order of personal life, her cancer storyline has helped reinvigorate the mothership this year (along with the cop pairing finding its footing and the Roache-Waterston relationship)--she'll be missed. As for Sheen, well, I'll let someone who's made it through more than 1 or 2 episodes of Men opine.

6 comments:

  1. kristin2:43 AM

    That's really too bad.  After Lenny Briscoe, she's my favorite character. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin McCullen9:51 AM

    I would probably end 2 1/2 Men without Sheen.  But since networks are desperate for money, they won't do that.  What I'd suggest is that they follow the lead of Spin City when they hired Sheen to replace Michael J. Fox, and go for someone with a completely different style.  I seriously doubt he'd do it, but Matthew Perry would be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew Perry has a promising pilot in the works co-starring Allison Janney called Mr. Sunshine.  Not that I have any suggestions since I have never watched an episode of the show.

    Sad to see Van Buren go..... 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseph J. Finn10:51 AM

    She'll always be Tarissa Dyson to me. (Sorry, just never a L&O watcher for the most part, but she's very good in that small role in Terminator 2, plus she gets to use her real hair.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicheplayer11:26 AM

    Even someone as seemingly distracted as Sheen is couldn't possibly have guessed that 2.5 men would last as long as it has.  My personal endurance record for watching the show now stands at 37 seconds.  Thank God for that commercial....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I have a suggestion--Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones fall into a time vortex (note--hot tub?) and are warped back in time to the sixties, where they hook up with a newly single ad man.  Yes, it's "Two And A Half Mad Men."

    ReplyDelete