Wednesday, February 9, 2011

IT'S TIME FOR IZZY'S COMEBACK:  The organizing committee for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics has unveiled  the eleven mascot finalists, including a fast-talking dolphin, nesting mascots, Santa Claus and an Angry Bird.  There's also a lengthy introductory video, featuring animated versions of the finalists and a Russian hipster dude trapped in The Net, and given that my facility with the Russian language is limited to the words for 'trust' and 'verify' it's probably funnier for me than it is for the target audience.

3 comments:

  1. Fred App8:57 AM

    My job requires me to be in Sochi in 2014 to cover the Olympics, and I have to admit that I have not been terribly enthused about the idea. These mascots don't exactly change my opinion. Here's all you need to know about the 2014 Olympics: the organizers are having their first press briefing this year -- in London. Because there's nothing in Sochi worth seeing. Seriously, that's how they explained it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph J. Finn10:28 AM

    They're still better than the Chinese mascots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn.5:29 PM

    You got my hopes up.  These mascots are bad, but they're still not as bad as Izzy.

    Sorry about that Fred App.

    ReplyDelete