Friday, July 27, 2007

"IF WE WERE DOING THE EDGY GREASE ALL IN BLACK WITH THREE CHAIRS, PEOPLE WOULD SAY IT'S RADICAL": There's a long piece in New York Magazine about last summer's ThingThrower favorite Grease: You're the One that I Want (although I must point out, with due credit to ThingThrower Jenn, that "Project Broadway" kicks the snot out of "GTO"). Sounds like director Kathleen Marshall and leads/winners Laura Osnes and Max Crumm are expecting a passel of negative reviews (which I have to assume will be an accurate prediction, all things considered) and that Laura and Max are undergoing the proper period of adjustment to living in Manhattan. (My favorite quote from the article: "Each had learned, separately, that Broadway stars do not invite people out for drinks at Chevys or Applebee’s.")

(Incidentally, I still don't have tickets. I will hopefully not make the same mistake when tickets for the SYTYCD tour go on sale.)

No comments:

Post a Comment