Thursday, September 23, 2010

WHAT THE BLEEP: With tonight marking the launch of $#*! My Dad Says, some thoughts on potential spinoffs:
  • $#*! My Vice President Says--An irascible Senator from the Northeast spouts his homespun and occasionally profane wisdom after being elected Vice-President beneath a young, hip, POTUS.
  • $#*! My Gram Says--Young family agrees to take in the husband's grandmother, only to find that she's not quite what they expected as she spouts homespun and occasionally profane wisdom. (Starring Betty White, natch.)
  • $#*! My Darth Says--A Sith Lord spouts homespun and occasionally profane wisdom. (Note, we may have some rights difficulties here.)
  • $#*! Picard Says--A seemingly buttoned-down former Starfleet captain spouts homespun and occasionally profane wisdom.
  • $#*! Miss Tyra Says--A former model spouts homespun and occasionally profane wisdom while curing all known diseases.
  • $#*! Hugh Laurie Says--Potential retitling of House--maybe this is the way to freshen up the show?
  • $#*! Tim Riggins Says--Self-explanatory. He also takes off his shirt once in a while.

9 comments:

  1. Jenn.2:19 PM

    I'd tune in for $#*! Tim Riggins Says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ChinMusic2:32 PM

    I am waiting for $#*! My $#*! Says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devin McCullen4:12 PM

    There's always $#^^^^^^^^^! Clay Davis Says.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, you've got the third one wrong -- it's Sith My Dad Says with Hayden Christensen and Mark Hamill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam C.4:42 PM

    I'd like to "Like" this comment behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the credit "Created by Jonathan Franzen and Trey Park & Matt Stone," right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, my lord, was the show bad.  Really, really, really, really bad.  Basically everyone involved miscast.  Try it with Bret Harrison and (as someone over at Alan suggested a while back) Alan Arkin, and maybe something works.  Shatner is way too in on the joke to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw $#*! Picard Says tonight on Broadway (i.e., A Life in the Theatre with Patrick Stewart).

    ReplyDelete