- Movies not yet released getting nominations--Orphan, Bruno, Funny People, The Ugly Truth, I Love You, Beth Cooper, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, Aliens In The Attic
- Movies and TV decidedly inappropriate for teens getting nominations--Ugly Truth (which is reportedly a very hard R), The Hangover, True Blood
- Inexplicable acting/performing nominations--Megan Fox, Ashley Tisdale, Paris Hilton
- The category "Choice Celebrity Dancer," featuring Miley Cyrus, Fergie, Selena Gomez, Shawn Johnson, and Lady GaGa.
- The category "Choice Twit," which, despite featuring nominee Kim Kardashian, is apparently for "awesomest celebrity to follow on Twitter." Sadly, @feliciaday is not nominated.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
TEENAGE LOBOTOMY? In an effort to make an awards show even less meaningful, the Teen Choice Awards announced its "summer movie" categories (along with a few others) today--I assume in an effort to have some awards not go to Twilight or HSM. Bizarreness of note:
Posted by Matt at 7:00 PM