Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WHEREIN I'LL CATCH THE CONSCIENCE OF THE KING:An interesting Top 10 list I hadn't seen before--the Top 10 most produced plays in regional theatres which are members of Theatre Communications Group during the 2008-2009 season (excluding Shakespeare and holiday shows, and actually 14, due to ties):
  • Only one musical (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)
  • The most produced play comes from a playwright I've never heard of, who's never been produced on Broadway. Indeed, only one of the top 4 shows even had a Broadway run,
  • The only "classics" to make the list are Our Town and Glass Menagerie.
  • The revival of Boeing-Boeing has led to a rediscovery of the (very funny) play, with it tying for the last slot on the list.
Anything you'd expect to see on the list but that isn't there? (I would have figured Proof and Rabbit Hole would have had more staying power, but I guess not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment