Sunday, March 13, 2011

THE ONLY GOOD TIME TO YELL OUT "I HAVE DIARRHEA" IS WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING SCRABBLE: I wish Saturday Night Live as a whole were as funny as Zach Galifianakis was last night.  The body spray joke was funnier than anything I've seen on the show at least since Tina Fey was spoofing Sarah Palin, and between the monologue (Hulu doesn't include the musical bit), the dead dog skit, and Scared Straight skit (which I usually FF past) it was a night worth watching (in bits and pieces, as always.)  And like others, I do want to see a full Boston Powers skit, and I want to see it now.

Also on Hulu: backstage before the farewells.  We are now at nine straight episodes without What's Up With That?, and I'm starting to get restless.

9 comments:

  1. Paul Tabachneck6:13 PM

    By virtue of the absence of "What's Up With That" and the sex instructor character, I actually think SNL has improved this year! 

    On the other hand, I want more Stefon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grady Little can certainly go away and I will take no offense whatsoever, but I love "Waht Up With That," more for the random cameos and bits than for the main premise of the sketch.  And other than the monologue, I was underwhelmed with last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Also for sudekis dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather K6:49 PM

    Guest was me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan7:20 PM

    I have flashes where WUWT? Is funny but I don't get the love from a lot of people. I also would like more Stefan.

    So really, I'm just seconding what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, amusingly, while "Diarrhea" would likely be a bingo, it's not a terribly good one, since the raw score for the word is a mere 12 points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle10:48 AM

    With Galifianakis hosting, I was really hoping for the return of Pageant Talk.  Bummer. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. isaac_spaceman11:58 AM

    The Kids Say the Darndest Things bit was reliably funny. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. J. Bowman7:40 PM

    I'd lay odds Jenny Slate wrote that sketch.

    ReplyDelete