Sunday, August 3, 2008

The real reality | My Super Sweet 16 | Television News | TV | Entertainment Weekly

MONTECORE'S REVENGE: Given how completely in thrall with The Joe Schmo Show this blog was, back in the day, considerations of equal time suggest that I link to this EW interview with Matt Kennedy Gould, Evan Marriott and other former reality tv participants as they answer the question, was it worth it? Gould:
If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't do the show at all. Honestly, the show really made me feel dumb. And I never felt like that before. I did it because I needed the money. I lived with my parents. I had just dropped out of law school. I was a regular pot smoker. I didn't want to work. And after the show I got $100,000 and signed a development deal with Spike. I went to California, and I was supposed to do all this stuff, and I just didn't do it. I was so embarrassed about the whole premise of the show that I never wanted people to think, ''Oh, here's this guy who didn't even know the show was about him. It's a big joke, and now he's some reality star trying to be a TV host.'' So I holed up in an apartment in Santa Monica, and spent a lot of the money on marijuana and alcohol. I lived there with a girl who broke up with me. The next day I flushed a half ounce of pot down the toilet, packed my car, came home to Pittsburgh, and I got help. I haven't done drugs or alcohol for four years. Now I'm married with a new baby and a stepson. I work at a logistics company. Were things different, I would much rather be working in the entertainment business. I just went about it the wrong way.
(Classic Schmo on YouTube: Wiig's talent show; The Reveal. And, yes, I know Montecore didn't show up until Schmo 2.) The other question occasioned by this week's cover package: other than giving me more pages of Us Weekly to read, is there a reason to watch The Hills?

No comments:

Post a Comment