Monday, March 1, 2010

FRENCH INHALER ... IS THAT UNDER FOUR MINUTES? I'LL PLAY IT FAST. ANYTHING BUT WEREWOLVES: Great news for the start of March: Shout! Factory to release The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series on DVD this September. It is a show which feels more like a documentary with every passing year.

Here's the Zevon clip from the title to this post (creepily, the episode also features Gene Siskel and John Ritter), as well as an extended clip from the Tim Miller performance artist episode with a punchline at the end confirming that crass opportunism, indeed, never dies.

7 comments:

  1. Joseph J. Finn9:42 PM

    Also important news from Shout!; they just announced they're going to be putting out the complete Max Headroom series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. calliekl10:32 PM

    Upcoming tv on dvd release note- 3rd season of Mad Men comes out March 23, according to amazon. I am truly excited for this... just to watch that final episode over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen LArry Sanders, but so many folks whom I respect have said good things about it that I feel the need to look into it.  I do hope the pricing is reasonable on it, though.  And Shout! Factory is increasingly indepensible--deluxe and available sets for Sports Night, MSCL, thirtysomething, Freaks & Geeks (which I need to get around to at some point), and The Paper Chase, as well as guilty bizareness like Small Wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect quote, Adam!  Exactly the one I would have picked for this news.  I can't help but think of that scene everytime I hear Werewolves of London.  Looking forward to the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me very, very happy.  Better than getting back to my lonely hotel room and finding a big f*cking fruit basket waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather K10:08 AM

    This is super weird to see online the same day I am filling out an application to take a workshop from that same Tim Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joseph J. Finn10:12 AM

    BTW, that John Ritter appearance with the beard really reminds of zsomething else that needs to be on DVD: Hooperman.

    ReplyDelete