Friday, May 14, 2010

GOOD, GUYS. IT'S A NINE. TO SAVE THE RAIN FORESTS WE NEED A TEN. LADY GAGA, YOU NEED TO HIT THE ONES AND FIVES. BRUCE, IT THINK IF WE WORKED ON IT, YOU COULD HIT A HIGH B: Elton John, Sting, Lady Gaga, Debbie Harry, Bruce Springsteen, and Shirley Bassey cover Journey for the benefit of the rain forests.


Among the other covers not captured on video at the benefit last night at Carnegie Hall, Bruce doing "Cuts Like a Knife," Sting singing "She Drives Me Crazy," Gaga taking on "Stand By Me," and Sir Elton tackling "Like a Virgin" and "Material Girl." Sounds like the greatest episode of Glee, yet.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could have a benefit with a Black Eyed Pea or Alicia Keys in attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam C.3:50 PM

    Oh my gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan Suitor3:56 PM

    But where were the Spanic Boys covering The Human League, or Huey Lewis and the News doing a spirited rendition of "Moving In Stereo"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also: I haven't seen a video of a group event so disproportionately focused on one person since that wedding video of Keira Knightley's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather K8:27 PM

    I am mesmerized by her shoes. Thinking about wearing them is causing my arches to cramp up, just like standing in them, and I bet she danced in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. spacewoman7:19 PM

    I am so glad you didn't spoil the part about the dancing men in speedos. A few years ago if you had said "Sting and Springsteen and Shirley Bassey covering Journey with Sir Elton and Blondie and some weird disco queen with 12-inch platforms," I probably would have said "not if there aren't men dancing in Speedos, I don't think so."

    ReplyDelete