- Smash gets held for midseason, with high concept J.J. Abrams drama Revolution (all energy sources in the world suddenly stop working!) getting Monday's Voice lead-in.
- Parenthood stays put on Tuesday, and Biggest Loser goes away, replaced by an hour-long Tuesday Voice into two new comedies--the Matthew Perry-fronted Go On and the Ryan Murphy-Ali Adler The New Normal.
- Wednesday is the strangest night, with two family friendly comedies (Guys With Kids and Animal Practice) at 8, leading into SVU at 9, and a new Dick Wolf firefighter drama at 10.
- Thursdays, kind of shockingly, remain basically unchanged in the fall--30 Rock/Up All Night/The Office/Parks and Rec make up "Comedy Night Done Right," but NBC's response to three massive drama failures this year at 10? Dumping Rock Center With Brian Williams there.
- Friday gets another tonally dissonant mix, with Whitney opening the night, followed by Community, then Grimm and Dateline to close out the evening.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
MUST SEE TV? Based on its fall schedule, NBC loves comedy and The Voice, with two nights of Voice being a keystone and every weeknight but Monday having at least an hour of comedy. Of particular note:
Posted by Matt at 3:16 PM