- The Philadelphia Inquirer's series on violence in Philly's public schools wins the Public Service prize.
- The Harrisburg Patriot-News wins the Local Reporting prize for its reporting on the Penn State football scandal.
- No award for fiction this year, despite impressive finalists--Swamplandia! and The Pale King.
- Drama prize is won by Water By The Spoonful, a relatively unknown play, with Other Desert Cities being a finalist. (Not even mentioned as a finalist--Book of Mormon.)
- In a rarity, a recent biography of Malcolm X wins the History Prize and is a finalist for the Biography prize.
Monday, April 16, 2012
CARRYING THE BANNER: The Pulitzer Prizes were announced today--a few winners and finalists of note:
Posted by Matt at 3:17 PM