Monday, November 13, 2006

TO QUOTE THE CLOSEST COMP, DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE: I'm shocked and amazed and a little bit rattled that I am in what appears to be a small minority in opposing John Cougar's election to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Frankly, if I were handed a comprehensive list of credible nominees (credible, meaning no Hooters or House of Pain, etc.) and given the right to veto only one, I think I'd exercise it on him. Of course, earlier this morning I emailed a John Cougar death threat to my fantasy football league, so this "my country" ad campaign may have something to do with that.

Anyway, if you had the right to torpedo (even retroactively) one hall of fame nomination -- and let's not limit this to rock and roll if you're more interested in baseball or football or economics or something else that has its own museum -- who would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment