Monday, September 13, 2010

ADVERTISING (AS CONCEIVED ON MADISON AVENUE), LOOKS (LIKE THOSE FOUND IN HOLLYWOOD) AND CHOPS (PREFERABLY OF THE TYPE THAT WILL SEPARATE A VAMPIRE'S HEAD FROM ITS SHOULDERS) A MUST: I've always said that a haircut does not count as character development, no matter what my television tells me. Yet here comes the summer of 2010:
  • Mad Men's Sally Draper gives herself a do-it-yourself asymmetrical thing, signifying that she's acting out amid her parents' cold war.
  • Entourage's Vince gets a cheap-looking and unhip cut, signifying the Britneyesque commencement of a Britneyesque meltdown.
  • True Blood's Tara trades her 90sish braids for a full-on 90sish Alfre Woodard haircloud, signifying rebirth and freedom (from rapey vampires and orgy-promoting woman-bulls).

6 comments:

  1. I Know Someone Who Knows Someone Who Knows Alan McGee Quite Well8:34 PM

    No big hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan8:38 PM

    Did you develop your theory before or after Felicity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan Suitor10:23 PM

    The inevitable New York Times trend-piece is just a few days away.

    Also: I don't care, I don't care; did you see the drummer's hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:30 PM

    What happened to the like button? I want to like Meghan's comment.

    --Spacewoman

    ReplyDelete
  5. On my West Wing season seven reruns, Josh Lyman's hair kept receding all season long.

    Also: Korea, Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan Suitor11:36 PM

    Glee's "Hairography" episode is the one that convinced me that the clever show I had once loved had gone over to the Kitsch Side.

    Also: That's one of my favorite misheard lyrics of all time. Right up there with "'scuse me while I kiss this guy".

    ReplyDelete