Sunday, July 10, 2011

NOT SO CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, SHOW ENDING: Since the final episodes of Friday Night Lights aired on DirecTV earlier and have been available on DVD for quite some time, we won't devote Full Team Coverage to Friday's NBC finale (which is running in a 90 minute slot, so we get the uncut version). That said, ESPN has bought the rerun rights and will run them on ESPN Classic--the first season will run as a marathon this week. The show will also become a staple of the Longhorn Network (a partnership of ESPN and University of Texas, devoted to Texas sports) when it launches in August. The same source also indicates that Grantland is going to be running an oral history of the show (apparently this week) to build up excitement for ESPN's reruns, which I expect will be well worth your time.

4 comments:

  1. isaac_spaceman6:49 PM

    Because I am incapable of separating these characters from the actors who play them, I am going to be so excited for the oral history and so disappointed after it. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather K1:38 AM

    I have been watching the entire series since the beginning of the year, and I just have this week's episode left to watch and then the finale, and . . . I don't want to watch them because it will mean it is over.  And it can't be over.  I don't want to know how it turns out because I don't want it to turn out.  I just want it to keep going.  In the devil town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha10:45 AM

    Amen, sister. I'm so sad that this is ending, but I think the cure is to just watch the whole thing over again from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then just repeat that, ad infinitum, until the end of time.

    I was fortunate enough to watch the final season run on DirecTV, but I will almost surely be re-DVRing the finale.  So.  Good.

    ReplyDelete